Our PTA is committed to providing supplemental funding for programs and budget items that would not happen if it was not for donations to our PTA. Your individual donation is pooled with others who have "invested" which allows the PTA the opportunity to best serve our school and make the biggest impact possible to supplement our students' education and elementary school experience, as well as make Amerman a great place for our teachers and staff. Among the many programs that your donations support, there are a few that are larger budget items that the PTA is particularly proud to be able to offer! Those are Junior Enrichment Series (JES), grants, online programs (RazKids, Front Row, BrainPop) and classroom stipends.
Junior Enrichment Series (JES) is a term that refers to the different assemblies and events that enrich our students' education via an interactive approach. JES comprises a large portion of the PTA budget because of the impact that these programs can have on our students. We have a dedicated JES team that uses research, teacher feedback, principal and staff meetings to provide the best experiences for Amerman students that align with the curriculum. Below is a list of JES events that have occurred or are planned for this school year:
• K: Force & Motion (Ann Arbor Hands On Museum)
• K-2: Ann Arbor Symphony
• 1st/3rd/5th: Science Alive
• 2nd: Metroparks (Insects; Plant and Seed Disbursement)
• 3rd: Robot Garage
• 4th: Metroparks (Ecosystems), Lansing Trip (Michigan Capitol and Hall of Justice)
• 5th: Metroparks (Fur Trade)
• K-5: Detroit Lions Assembly, "March is Reading Month" Author (Johnathan Rand) and surprise celebration guest assembly, NHS Choir
Grants is a budget item which funds grade-wide and school-wide requests by teachers and staff for needs that cannot be met with any funds other than through the PTA's budget. Below is a list of Grants for the 2017-18 school year:
• Courtyard - $887 in plants and shrubs to beautify this outdoor learning space and provide a sense of accomplishment and pride for our students, all of whom helped clean this area and assist with planting.
• Safety Program - $79 for 20 new safety belts to keep kids safe during arrival, lunch and dismissal.
• Books - $762 for 25 copies EACH of five higher level novels for use in small group discussion for 4th and 5th Grade:Ghost by Reynolds; Percy Jackson The Lightening Thiefby Rick Riordan; Before We Were Free by Julia Alvarez; The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer; Great Start Series: The Odyssey by Homer.
• Art- $527 for 12 sets of Imagination Patterns Deluxe to assist in teaching art elements and principles of design.
• MakeDo Materials (Event Pack) - $440 for reusable construction materials to support emphasis on engineering per the new Michigan Science Standards by incorporating STEAM-type activities into classroom instruction which will allow 4th and 5th Grade students to design and build engineering creations efficiently and effectively;
• Music - $511 for a set of three Tubano drums which will allow students the opportunity to develop their listening and rhythm skills while working within an ensemble by enhancing teamwork and collaboration skills through music. There are many benefits of working with drums which can be read about in detail on worldmusicdrumming.com.
• Sensory Materials - $524 for sensory tools and products to allow students to better participate and be more successful in daily tasks. Research has shown that students scored significantly higher on attaining their goals when sensory integration was part of their routine resulting in less need for further support in both self-care and social situations.
Online Programs - currently Front Row, RazKids and BrainPop - are paid for by the PTA for classroom use primarily, but also can be used by the student at home during breaks or vacations, etc. These programs are closely managed to ensure their usefulness to our students and teachers and are evaluated on a yearly basis.
Classroom Stipends - Each year, the PTA is thrilled to provide our deserving and dedicated teachers with a Classroom Stipend to help support costs that they personally incur throughout the year for supplies they need for their classrooms and students.
These and other programs would not be possible if not for your Invest In Your Child donations! For all who donate to Invest In Your Child, your student(s) will receive an Amerman snack bag as thanks for your generosity and support. Remember that the Amerman PTA is a non-profit 501c(3) organization and donations are 100% tax deductible. To donate, please click here. You may also submit check or cash to the office along with a completed form, available on the FORMS and PAYMENTS tab above. You do NOT need to be logged in to Member Hub to donate online. Our Tax ID number is 38-2761620. THANK YOU!
It is because of dedicated parents like YOU that our children are able to experience exciting opportunities throughout the school year! If you are interested in leading or helping with a PTA committee, Sign up on https://amerman.memberhub.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions!
Thank you to all who have volunteered so far. If you have not yet volunteered, please consider one of the following committees that are still available....
Summer Watering Schedule
Meetings - All meetings are held in the MPR
• June 7 - 9am
Invest in Your Child - Where does the money go?
Copyright 2018 Amerman PTA. All Rights Reserved. Affiliated with Northville Public Schools (NPS). NPS does not exercise control over the content found on this website. Links to external websites and servers do imply any official NPS endorsement of the opinions or ideas expressed therein, or guarantee the validity of the information you may find at these sites. Links to commercial sites are in no way an endorsement of any vendor's products or services.
The PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is made up of parents and teachers who work together to enrich our children's lives. Joining and participating in events and donating your time are also great ways to make friends and get to know the people in your community.The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
• Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
• Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
• Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
• Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause - your child and all children in the community.
• Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
• Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child's school, you'll be a part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
• Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
• Benefits. Your PTA membership comes with special benefits! Find out more on the National PTA website.
Do you have a special skill or talent that you’d like to share with Amerman students? Maybe you’re really good at chess or knitting or computer coding. Why not consider teaching your skills to a small group of kids after school? Contact our PTA President, Laura Christensen Guthrie if you would be interested in helping out. Some other ideas could be parent and child coloring, Board Game Club, Book Club, Community Service Club, Lego Building, Sewing, Puzzles and problem solving, Make your own board game, Comic Book or Anime designing, Drawing, Mad Math Games.